Welcome!

Welcome to my blog spot. I hope you enjoy my posts that I retrieved from thee archives. I phirst started interviewing while living and working abroad in South Korea. Each individual(s) that I interviewed has (or at the time had) a unique style. Check the talented ones I interviewed from way back in 2008 til now. I took a short break from interviewing & Dee Jaying so follow me as I pick up where I left off.. iViews... DJ Risque'

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Glamorous Female of Hip Hop (MISS JILLZ)



PHL: Miss Jillz! The Glamorous Female Of Hip Hop… I love that name! How have you been?

MISS JILLZ: *laughs* I’ve been good, just trying to make ends meet the best way I can. Ya feel me? 
 
PHL:What made Miss Jillz become a fan of the music world?

MISS JILLZ: Well, since my father was/is a musician music has always been a part of my life. I don’t know if it’s an artist thing but it’s just something about music that captivates me! Of course, as you know, my favorite genre is Hip Hop!! Not only do I love the music but I love the culture as well. 
 
PHL: How often do you hear; you remind me of a female Kanye West? Even so, who do most people compare you to after listening to your music?

MISS JILLZ: You know, surprisingly, I’ve never heard anyone compare to Kanye West. I’ve heard things like a modern day MC Lyte but that’s about it. Other than that people have been telling me that I have a unique sound and whether not that’s a good or bad thing is up to them. But I believe it’s a good thing *laughs*. 
 
PHL: Most people are not aware of the many skills you posses as an artist. Give us a run down of what Miss Jillz is all about.

MISS JILLZ: Wow. My mother always kept me busy, mostly in the arts, so that probably opened the door for much creativity. Let’s see, most of the time you can find me editing a photo or designing a layout of some sort, trying to create a beat with the little equipment I have, dancing whenever a hot song comes on, adding a little twist to my wardrobe with a few embellishments here and there, writing some poetry or rhymes down on my little notepad, and something that my friends are very familiar with is me taking about a million pictures. Is that a good enough rundown for ya? *laughs*
 
PHL: So you are reppin’ the DC area? How does it feel to know that DC is making noise or shall I state finally getting the shine that they deserve?

MISS JILLZ: Man, it feels great! *laughs* Seriously though, for a long time all DC has been considered to me to be and I’m sure considered to plenty others, is the political capital or political city. And I can see the obvious reason for that. The only music I had only heard coming from DC is GoGo, which I love! And I send my regards to Chuck Brown helping us out in that department. Bottom line though, I’m really happy that DC is finally getting put on the map and I’m finally here to help with that progression. Wale what up! 

PHL: After putting together the pink hourglass mix tape I was impressed. I was impressed at how creative you are as a lyricist and not to mention your ability to be as versatile as an artist. Do you feel that lacks in the music industry; being versatile?

MISS JILLZ: Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! I don’t really wanna bag on anybody but I do feel as though there are some artists who should be more versatile in their work. Only to an extent, though. Not as much as to changing their image or sound as a whole. 

PHL: Name some of the people you have worked with to introduce your sound and make Miss Jillz come alive as an artist.

MIS JILLZ: I’ve mainly worked with some close friends who I had previously been acquainted with; however, my sister has introduced me to a couple of folks who she believes who can help me out. So far I’ve worked with DJ Vic Mase & G5 Clive, who are both in the rap group the 3rds with me, A-Quest, Alvenius Genius, Hipnosis, Bang Boy, and Product 70, a production group.  
 
PHL: If you had to classify your sound/music how would you classify it?

MISS JILLZ: I would have to classify it as sassiness meshed with intellect. That’s the best description I can give to you *laughs*. I would also say that there’s room for improvement, as with anybody who’s always looking to perfect their craft. 

PHL: Who are your favorite artists as we speak?

MISS JILLZ: Hmmm… to this day my favorite artists would have to be Mary J. Blige, Kelis, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, John Legend, Chrisette Michele, Erykah Badu, and The Fugees. 

PHL: What can we expect from Miss Jillz in the future?

MISS JILLZ: Now that’s an easy question! You can expect greatness!! *laughs* Okay, I’ll elaborate just a little. Honestly, you can expect improvement with every record I put out. Also, somewhere down the line I plan on designing some sort of fashion line for men and women so look out for that! 

PHL: Are there any last words or people that you would like to recognize.?

MISS JILLZ: I just wanna give a big shout out to my sister Candice aka Candilicious of Sweetness *laughs* she really puts a lot into my career and supports me like no other. I would also like to show love to any and everybody that has supported me along the way. This is only the beginning!!! 3rds in ya area!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment