Welcome!

Welcome to my blog spot. I hope you enjoy my posts that I retrieved from thee archives. I phirst started interviewing while living and working abroad in South Korea. Each individual(s) that I interviewed has (or at the time had) a unique style. Check the talented ones I interviewed from way back in 2008 til now. I took a short break from interviewing & Dee Jaying so follow me as I pick up where I left off.. iViews... DJ Risque'

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Getting Started Wu Style (Masta Wu)


PHL: First off, this is recognition to be able to interview you (a Korean artist), and put it on blast internationally. So how did Mastu Wu get started in the hip-hop game?

MASTA WU: I grew up around my cousins and one of them was a huge fan of N.W.A and The 2 Live Crew. Which means hip-hop was always there but when Dr. Dre came out with the Chronic album, that's when it started for me. 

PHL: Who are some artists that you have worked with outside of Korea? How was the experience?  

MASTA WU: I know some artists from other countries but I've never work with them yet. 

PHL: I know you traveled a lot form Korea to United States (New Jersey), what are some of the differences that you notice in music overall as an artist? 

MASTA WU: In the U.S, Hip-Hop is life but in ROK, Hip-Hop is just a music.Culture isn't there yet. We're still learning.   

PHL: Do you prefer international fame or being popular in your hometown (Korea)? 

MASTA WU: I like to be known in the world but I ain't even take over ROK yet. Let's talk after I take over this year  haha!  

PHL: I've been in Korea for a minute and I notice how much the B-boy/ B-girl era is popular out here. Do you find that era is what most Koreans prefer when it comes to music and dance?  

MASTA WU: I would not like to think so!  

PHL: Other than the United States and Korea, where are some other places you have traveled? 

MASTA WU: Japan of course, UK,  Thailand, Guam, Saipan and soon Amsterdamn.

PHL: So, the R16 show is coming up in July, do you partake in that event?  

MASTA WU: Nope!

PHL: How are you different form the other artist such as Super Man Ivy, and Donnie GoGo  who are two other well known Korean artist?  

MASTA WU: Super Man Ivy and Donnie GoGo they have a similar look. I rap better in Korean and they rap better in English.

PHL: Give us a run down of what to expect from you in the future.

MASTA WU: YMGA coming soon in stores or bugs.co.kr , melon.com and dosirak.com 
(project group with D.M) 


PHL: Overall, who is your favorite artist out right now? 

MASTA WU: There are a lots but i gotta say Mighty Mos Def and Talib Kweli  

PHL: Are there any people that you would like to shout out?  

MASAT WU: Mass Wu is da name and Y.G. is da fam!





No comments:

Post a Comment